To facilitate the servicing of your account, NFS may receive non-public personal information about you from your broker-dealer or from any of the following sources:
- Your applications or forms (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, assets, and income)
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances)
- Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to assess your creditworthiness for margin products)
- Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs)
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your broker-dealer (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions into NFS)
NFS considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic, and procedural controls, and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology. Within NFS, we restrict access to your information to those who require it to develop, support, offer, and deliver products and services to you.
We may share the personal information that we collect about customers, prospects, or former customers with their broker-dealers or with:
- NFS corporate affiliates, including internal service providers (for example, our data processing company and printing operation)
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, securities clearinghouses, and other entities who may provide services at NFS' direction)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies, and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your broker-dealer (for example, if you request personalized performance reporting) or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena)
Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by NFS.
Privacy, security and service in NFS' online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect NFS accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you interact with us through online channels (for example, websites and mobile applications) owned and controlled by NFS ("NFS websites"), NFS manages personal information in accordance with all of the practices and safeguards described previously.
When you visit NFS websites, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as device type, browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on NFS websites. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your online session, facilitating site navigation, improving NFS website design and functionality, and personalizing your experience on NFS websites. Additionally, the following policies and practices apply when you are online.
You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie when on an NFS website, or if you delete cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of NFS websites. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access your account, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device or your online preferences.
NFS mobile applications ("apps") allow you to access your accounts, trade securities, move money, and access third-party news and research using wireless or mobile devices. Our privacy practices apply to any personal information or other information that we may collect through the apps.
NFS websites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). NFS does not intentionally collect information on NFS websites from those we actually know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the sites.
You may access and, if necessary, correct your account information through a variety of media offered by your broker-dealer and NFS (e.g., statements or online services). Please contact your broker-dealer if you require any additional information.
The following statement only applies to you if you buy Fidelity Funds through your broker-dealer.
- Information provided by you or your representative on applications or other forms furnished to the Funds or through other interactions that you or your representative have with the Funds
- Information arising from your investments in or accounts with the Funds
- Information the Funds receive from a consumer reporting agency
The Funds employ physical, electronic, and procedural controls to safeguard your information. For example, the Funds authorize access to your personal and account information only for personnel who need that information in order to provide products or services to you.
The Funds do not disclose any non-public personal information about you, except as permitted by law. For example, the Funds have entered into a number of arrangements with Fidelity Investments to provide for investment management, distribution, and servicing of the Funds.
If you decide to close your account, the Funds will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
If you are a former customer, your information is treated in the same manner as the information of current customers.If you are a former customer, your information is treated in the same manner as the information of current customers.
Fidelity offers several options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You can review your information using your statements, or through our automated telephone or Internet services. You may also write or call us with your request for information. If we serve you through an investment professional, please contact them directly. Specific Internet addresses, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers are listed on your statements and other correspondence.